I didn't go heavy on the tomato, despite what 1/4 C of paste does to most dishes. It turned the soup faintly pink. There's a subtle taste of tomato, not overpowering.
The one thing I was hoping for in this didn't work. I wanted to do a cold soup. It gelled. You would have to add a lot of water to prevent that. So, not quite like using potatoes.
1 C dried lima beans
1 Tb olive oil
*1 leek, finely chopped
*1/4 C tomato paste
1 tsp celery salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp pepper
water as needed
2. In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium. Cook the leeks until softened, 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste, salt, and pepper and cook until fragrant.
3. Mash the beans, either with a potato masher or immersion blender, including their cooking water. Add to pot of seasonings and stir to combine. Simmer 30 minutes, for flavors to meld.4. Stir soup and add water as needed for desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve hot, garnished with cream, sour cream, or cheese as desired.Difficulty rating :)




No comments:
Post a Comment
I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.