I'm trying not to have any processed meats in the house. Fish packed in water doesn't count. There was one pack of sausage left from before I made that decision. Meal prep started with cooking it. I made two breakfast burritos with the last two tortillas in the fridge and wrapped the other one for the next day. The downside of prepped burritos is going through plastic wrap. That left over half of the sausage, so I made it into biscuits and gravy, which used up the rest of the biscuits in the freezer. Win-win.
I've been wanting steel-cut oats for a while, so I did them overnight in the Crockpot. The leftovers went into the silicone cupcake molds. Once solidified, those became steel-cut oat portions for the freezer. I can pop one or two into the fridge the night before and resuscitate them in the morning without having to spend an hour making steel-cut oats.Pancakes and waffles always end up as freezer meals because one egg makes about 6 servings. Those are easy to bag up and freeze, then pop directly into the microwave or toaster oven.
I'm not into hard boiled eggs, but if I was, those are excellent meal preps. They keep about four or five days in the fridge, either peeled or in-shell. They can be cooking while something else is being prepped. For me, I can make a scrambled egg while the carb portion is reheating. I also ought to start having something fermented at breakfast. Once it's cooler, I'm going to run batches of sauerkraut and kimchi. That is an extensive meal prep.



No comments:
Post a Comment
I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.