Wednesday, July 28, 2010
I had half a jar of spaghetti sauce left from the casserole. Actually, the only thing I bought for this meal was the eggplant. The orzo made an interesting side, but I usually have spaghetti with this dish.
2 medium eggplants
* 1/2 jar (about 12 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 C ricotta or small-curd cottage cheese
* 1/2 C chopped canned mushrooms
* 1/4 C chopped canned olives
1. Preheat oven to 375º. Halve eggplants lengthwise and remove stems. With a mellon baller, hollow out halves, leaving about 1/2" all around.
2. In a bowl, mix together ricotta, mushrooms, and olives.
3. Fill hollows in eggplants with cheese mixture. Pour sauce on top. Bake for 1 hour.
Difficulty rating π