Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Favorite Casserole

This isn't really my favorite casserole, but my mom used to call it that. My guess is it was something I would eat without complaining. So, this simple, kid-friendly recipe will be my first one.

Unless otherwise stated, all recipes will be for four adult-sized servings. That's how most food is sold, and how I usually cook.

Items from the pantry will be marked with an asterisk *.


1 lb lean ground beef
* 1/2 bag macaroni (I used noodles this time, because it was a pantry item)
1/2 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
* 3 oz jar chopped olives (optional, again from the pantry)

1. Boil water for the pasta. While it's cooking, brown the ground beef. If you're fat-conscious like I am, drain it off. Otherwise, it does add flavor.

2. When meat is browned, add sauce. It will be soupy. Bring to a boil.

3. Drain off pasta when it is cooked, then add to meat & sauce.

4. Serve with a side veggie, and you're good to go! (Also reheats very well.)

Obviously, you can doctor it up all you want. Garlic, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, whatever sounds good that day!

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.