Friday, July 23, 2010

Fish a la King


I know it's supposed to be chicken, but I've been eating a lot of chicken lately and wanted fish. It gives me the chance to introduce the white sauce base.


1 lb any white fish. I used red snapper.
1/4 C white wine (may be omitted if children are eating it)
1 C white sauce base
*one 4 oz can chopped mushrooms
*one 4 oz can chopped pimientos

1. Bring wine, 2 C water, and salt and pepper to taste to a simmer in a large skillet. Add fish and poach, about 3 min per side. Do not let water boil, or fish will become tough.

2. Add mushrooms, pimientos, and salt and pepper to taste to white sauce base. Keep warm until fish is ready. Stir in 1/4 C of fish's cooking water.

3. Plate fish first, then spoon sauce on top. Serve hot.


The three round things are a potato latke mix that I baked in muffin cups instead of frying. They came out a little tough, but I think that had more to do with the mix being a bit old than how they were made.

Difficulty rating  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.