Sunday, July 18, 2010

Banana Muffins



I'm not used to making baked goods from a mix, and I couldn't find an expiration date on this one. Assuming you use a freshly-bought mix, they will rise and brown better.

*One box Pillsbury Banana Bread Mix (plus whatever it tells you to add)
*1/2 C crushed Walnuts
*1/2 C chocolate chips
*1/4 C shredded coconut

1. Mix banana bread mix like it says to for muffins, but only use half the oil.

2. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.

3. Spoon into GREASED muffin pan or pan-spray muffin liners (or they'll never come out - you're only using half the oil)

4. Sprinkle tops with coconut. Bake as directed.

I got 15 muffins out of this recipe. I'm estimating them at 200 calories each, despite their small size. But they're yummy.

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.