Monday, April 10, 2023

Seder 2023

I decided to make a dairy Seder this year.  No particular reason except I was considering a dairy dessert.  I've done it once before as an Italian theme, with matzoh lasagna and another with a baked potato bar.

After coming up with a few ideas, I hit on doing fondue.  It fits the dipping idea, and turned dessert into chocolate fondue.

But then I had to figure out what to dip if I couldn't serve bread or meat.  As I started the list of fruits and veggies, I realized how much produce goes well with cheese.  Like a lot.  I came up with pareve (neither dairy nor meat) sides to balance out the cheesiness, and a menu was ready.

Yes, this is vegetable-heavy.  It's hard to take essentially two food groups and legumes out of a meal.  But that does counterbalance the cheese, and the oil in the latkes.

  • Vegetable matzoh ball soup
  • Green Salad
  • Potato Latkes
  • Gefilte Fish
  • Beet and Orange Salad
  • Salmon with Date Syrup
  • Cheese fondue
  • Apple-Matzoh Kugel
  • Chocolate fondue

I only remembered to take photos of the preset table, but I did get one of the kitchen the next morning.  That took a few hours to clean up, even after having pre-made almost everything the day before.  Because that's what happens when you throw a multi-course dinner party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.