Saturday, April 22, 2023

Chocolate Fondue

 

This is kind of why I did dairy for Passover.  I really wanted to be able to have a dairy dessert.  And for something that has to be made shortly before serving, it worked quite well.

Again, I was living in real time and didn't take photos that night.  I recreated the serving for the photo, but the pot was put away.  You'll note the little cup with the chocolate.  That is an ideal way to serve chocolate fondue so it doesn't drip everywhere.  You have the pot in the middle with a ladle, and people can refill their cups as needed.

The skewers were fun.  I had a Passover poundcake, strawberries, banana, and Passover marshmallows on the sticks.  I also filled bowls of one element each for those who didn't necessarily want more of everything on a skewer.

The chocolate did separate afterwards.  I don't know if that was from the Passover chocolate or maybe the mixture got too hot and was out of temper.  I made it in the Crockpot on Low, then brought the insert to the hot plate, where it sat for possibly too long.  If your party finishes more of the chocolate than mine did, this will not be a problem.

9 oz semi-sweet chocolate (chips or block)
1 C heavy cream
*1 Tb chocolate liqueur (optional: I used Sabra)
Pinch cinnamon, optional
Dippers

1.  Heat cream to just below boiling.  Pour over chocolate and stir to melt.  If necessary, microwave in 20 second increments.  Stir in liqueur and cinnamon, if using.

2.  Place chocolate into fondue pot if you didn't make it in one.  Set over low heat on the table and serve.

Serves 8-12

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.