Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Egg and Rice Bowl

I wasn't going to post this, then realized it was the third time in a week I'd had it for lunch and might as well.

For a while, I worked a buffet in a hotel that had an Asian section at breakfast.  Miso soup and bowls of rice topped with scrambled eggs and vegetables were popular.  While miso is a bit more effort than I want to put into breakfast, rice is absolutely doable.

1/4 C dry Calrose rice or 2/3 C leftover cooked rice
1 egg
1 Tb fresh chives or green onion, finely chopped
1 Tb oil or butter for the pan
soy sauce or sriracha for serving
1.  Bring rice and 1/2 C water to a simmer in a small saucepan.  (Less for drier rice.  I like my Calrose mushy.)  Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.

2.  In a small bowl, beat together egg, chives, and 2 Tb water.

3.  Melt butter or heat oil in a 6" skillet over medium.  Pour in egg mix and cook into an omelet or scrambled egg.  Remove from heat.

4.  Transfer cooked rice to a bowl and top with egg.  Drizzle with soy or sriracha sauce.

Serves 1

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.