Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Emergency Salad

The day I was originally going to make the cauliflower pizzas, I got stuck at work late.  Knowing that the recipe was going to take longer than I had and not wanting to go to a drive-thru, I went foraging at home.

I mean foraging literally.  I picked some romaine lettuce, arugula, and a radish out of the garden.  There was a pear in the fridge next to leftover gorgonzola.  Walnuts, dates, olive oil, and vinegar in the pantry completed the salad.  And a bit of French bread defrosted for the side.  Pretty soon, it looked like I meant to do that.

This "recipe" goes to the core of what this blog originally did.  It made me look at what I had on hand and get creative to make a balanced meal.  If one of your New Year's resolutions is to improve your budgeting skills, a first step may be to look through your pantry and freezer before heading to the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.