I need to "blacken" fish more often. Putting together the spice mix is the most involved part. Brush, rub, toss in hot pan, flip. It's quick on a hot day and ready before the side dishes are.
While I'm using butter here, you can also use olive or avocado oil. I felt like a lean fish could benefit from butter, plus it browns better.
4 tilapia filets
2 Tb butter or 1 Tb olive oil
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp paprika
1. Open the windows and turn on the range fan. Start preheating a large, dry skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
2. In a small bowl, stir together all the spices. You will end up with roughly 4 generous teaspoons of mix.
3. Melt the butter and brush on both sides of the fish. Sprinkle all sides of the filets with the spices, roughly a little over half a teaspoon per side.4. Working in batches if necessary, add the fish to the pan and allow it to sear. The pieces are ready to turn when they easily release from the pan, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook other side, another 3-4 minutes, until thickest part is opaque and flaking.5. Serve hot, over rice if desired.
Difficulty rating π



No comments:
Post a Comment
I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.