Thursday, January 11, 2024

Cheddar Biscuits

Well, I needed something to go with the soup.  Looking for a basic cheddar biscuit recipe, I found the one on SumOfYum.  It has been decades since I've been to Red Lobster, but these are supposed to be like the ones there.  Actually, I think I went there for dinner after seeing Forrest Gump, so yeah, it's been awhile.

One cool thing about the site where I found these, she has a portion calculator.  Scaling this down to four biscuits left 1/3 tsp or less of a lot of minor ingredients, so I'm doing this as half.  If you make them right, there won't be leftovers anyway.  Someone will volunteer to eat the extras.  I used the 3 Tb cookie scoop and made them heaping, instead of the 1/4 C measuring cup in the original recipe.  I got 5.  If I had leveled off the scoop, there would have been 6 or 7.

1 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 C milk
1/4 C unsalted butter, melted, plus more for brushing if desired
*3/4 C shredded cheddar cheese

1.  Preheat oven to 425º and line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat.

2.  In a bowl, stir together dry ingredients (down to the paprika).  Stir in milk, then butter, then cheese.  It's going to be gloopy.  Allow to sit while the oven finishes preheating.

3.  Scoop out 1/4 C portions onto the prepared baking sheet.  Bake until light to medium golden, about 14 minutes.  Transfer to a rack to cool partway, then serve while still warm.  If storing, refrigerate and refresh in the toaster oven at a low setting.


Makes about 6

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.