Friday, March 17, 2023

Mustard Roasted Potatoes

I saw this one on Jar of Fireflies on YouTube.  Sorry, couldn't find exactly which post.  I'm not a big potato person, but it sounded like a great side dish for the lamb I had gotten out of the freezer.  The Covid-canceled Chrismukah leg of lamb I had roasted up seemed silly at the time, but gave me two packages of pre-cooked freezer meat.

This one is so basic, it's barely a recipe, but the result is flavorful and pretty amazing.  I finished off a jar of bourbon mustard because that's what I had open.  You could use any mustard you like, including basic French's.

2 lbs potatoes of choice (I used red)
*2 Tb mustard
1 Tb olive oil
1/4 tsp pepper

1.  Preheat oven to 375º.  Wash potatoes and cut into wedges or chunks and place in a bowl.

2.  Whisk together mustard and oil into a dressing.  Pour over potatoes and toss to coat.  Arrange in an 8x8 casserole and sprinkle with the pepper.

3.  Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.  Remove foil and test to see if the pieces are easily pierced by a fork.  If not, continue to roast uncovered until done.

Serves 4-6

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.