Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Arugula-Blossom Salad

After several years of yanking arugula when it bolted, I learned that the flowers are edible, taste a lot like the leaves, and are a rare delicacy.  Whoops.

Ok, I understand that the only people who are going to make this recipe are those who are also lamenting the end of their arugula season.  You can't exactly buy these at Target, and my goodness, we're not done with the pandemic.  This is me treating myself to something you would only find in a vastly overpriced fine-dining restaurant.  Seriously, some places would charge $8 for that teeny salad.

I decided to drizzle this with miso-tahini dressing, because that stuff is crazy good and I have all the ingredients.  I recommend a vinaigrette of some sort, and go easy on it.

All the ingredients I'm putting on this are either from my garden or scrounged out of the crisper.  I suggest a handful of greens and two other veggies you like which are good raw or blanched.

*About 2-3 dozen arugula blossoms
*4 C arugula leaves
*1 C thinly sliced toppings (blanched asparagus & carrot in photo)
1/2 C dressing of choice
1.  Arrange arugula in center of salad plates.  Place flowers facing out toward the edge.

2.  Distribute other toppings over center leaves.  Drizzle with about 2 Tb dressing per plate, and avoid drowning the flowers so they can be seen.  Serve cold.

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.