Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Astro Burger

Restaurant reviews on this site are very rare.  Usually, they're because I've been on vacation and ran out of pre-scheduled posts.  This time, I had an out of town guest and we ate out a lot.  Healthy, but out.  The only dinner I cooked last weekend was some new brand of frozen fish fillets, with steamed broccoli and brown rice as sides.

One day, we went to Hollywood and took the Paramount Studio tour.  I'd never been, plus I wasn't up to a full day at Universal.  It's only two hours, giving us plenty of time to go to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery around the block after.

Before the tour, we had a little time for lunch and went to Astro Burger at Melrose and Gower.  After two days of surprisingly healthy meals out, I wanted something...not healthy.  Once we got in there, I had to remind myself I wanted a patty melt.  The vegetarian and Greek parts of the menu looked at least as good as the breakfast and burger sections.  Their website could use some work, unfortunately.  You'll have to take my word for it that the extensive menu exists.

The best part of this was short-order food at a reasonable price.  Two hot sandwiches, some very fresh zucchini fries (yes, I ate zucchini), and drinks were about $20.

If I'm ever in that neighborhood at mealtime again, I will definitely go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.