Monday, April 16, 2018

The Post-Passover Restock

Sprouts had a 25% off beans sale the weekend Passover ended.  I kind of went nuts, but I didn't buy anything I don't actually use.  I was just that out of chometz.  When you use dried beans, you have to have some things on hand because you need to soak them the night before.  I usually buy two or three items out of the bins per visit.  Let's just say I don't have to worry about bags for the litter box for a while.

I also got everything that didn't need to be frozen out of the freezer and rearranged the pantry.  I am so making a batch of bacon-something!  I can also have products with corn syrup in them again.  Ice cream, chocolate (without stopping to read the label), and pretty much everything in the American diet.  I'm also not getting hungry as often.  It isn't because of the extra calories, but because I'm eating foods that stick with you better.
After trying all winter to grow chives from seed, I finally gave up.  There was a package of "living herbs" at the market, roots attached.  I snipped off what I needed for a batch of ranch dressing and planted the rest in the chives pot.  Slightly more expensive than the chive seed packet, but already infinitely more productive.

The main thing I haven't bought is sliced bread.  I have that personal rule I can't buy a loaf until the matzo is gone.  However, now that I can put peanut butter on it, that should happen soon.  I only had half a box left when Passover ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.