Thursday, April 19, 2018

Tea Time: A New Label

I don't often add a label category.  Too many tabs make it harder to find what you need, not easier.

I'm already thinking of this summer's tea party, which I'm determined to have.  Then I realized it would be easier to look through my recipes if they were labeled as tea-specific.  Fine, I'll go through all 900 posts to figure out what fits in the category.  Truthfully, that's a serious percentage of the recipes on this site.

I could have easily placed all cookies and drinks into the category, but only added the ones most obviously tea-related.  A great deal of pies, rolls, and egg dishes made it in, all the scones, and practically the entire appetizer section.  The criteria were pretty broad.  Not everything needs to be utensil-free.  What I did omit was most of the jams.  I don't need a label to tell me that jam goes on scones when they're served at tea.  The lightest and most unique cakes are there.  A few quick breads and heartier items are included for winter teas.

Hope that browsing the category gives you ideas for what to serve at your own tea party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.