Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Other Side of the Peeler

Everyone at work was saying that the veggie peeler was dull and it was time to get a new one.  I wasn't having that problem, and thought it was another one of their issues that I always seem to have to fix.  I'm Mama Smurf at work.  They were mixing orange juice concentrate by hand for two days because the machine was "broken".  It wasn't turned on.

At home, I was using the peeler a lot one day.  My hand started to get tired, so I switched hands and kept going.  The peeler was a lot sharper on that side, because I hardly ever use it right-handed.  That was when I realized that my co-workers were probably right about the peeler.  I'm the only lefty at work.  My guide knife is sharper and my side of the peeler is more effective.  Maybe I should buy them a new peeler.

Now, if you're not really ambidextrous, I don't recommend switching hands with anything sharp.  Peelers aren't expensive and they do last several years under normal household conditions.  It's just something to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.