Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Pantry Lasagna

This isn't really a recipe.  I didn't have time to go grocery shopping and cook.  I had to choose one or the other, and decided to rummage through the fridge, pantry, and garden instead of microwaving a frozen meal.  This turned out to be the better choice.  I had no idea how many "half of" things I had accumulated during the holidays.  It came down to pizza or lasagna, and I had too much sauce for pizza.
So what I ended up with was: half a jar of marinara; a cheesy sauce of ricotta, heavy cream, an egg, mozzarella, and parmesan; and veggies of my last tiny pumpkin, some baby bella mushrooms, onion, celery and a lot of arugula from the garden, and fresh basil out of the pot.  After a long stretch of only flowers, Eggy started to grow an eggplant, but it's still too small to use.  Layered with half a box of lasagna noodles, we had a dinner in the making.
The lesson here is to open up your mind to possibilities.  Groceries are the most expensive when we let them spoil and don't eat them.  It's the whole reason I started this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.