Thursday, July 2, 2015

Tea Party 2015

I kept the menu a bit simpler this year and more traditional.  That did not stop me from one afternoon of intense baking.  Two batches of cookies, a cake, and the scones.  Plus, I had made the buckwheat loaves for the open-faced sandwiches several days before and frozen them.  Tea is a very carb-intensive endeavor.  All this do-ahead, including boiling the eggs a day before, meant I only had to "cook" for about two hours that day, including cutting up a mini watermelon and assembling sandwiches.

I kind of forgot to take photos of the table, but I did get one of that baking day.  I wasn't sure how many would show and made a bit more than necessary.  Two more people would have kept the leftovers to a minimum.  One 4-year-old did eat three thin slices of cake.  That helped.

First Course
Pesto Deviled Eggs
Cucumber Sandwiches
Open-faced Zucchini Spread and Dried Tomato Sandwiches

Second Course
Scones
Whipped Cream
Strawberry-Vanilla Jam
Blackberry-Rhubarb Jam

Third  Course
Lavender Cake
Banbury Tarts
Cranberry Biscotti
Watermelon

Drinks
Assorted Hot Teas
Sun Tea
Cold-Brewed Iced Tea
Lemonade

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.