Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cucumber-Dill Tea Sandwiches

Last year, I took it for granted that everyone knew what a cucumber sandwich was.  There seems to be more than one kind.

I have a personal rule that I can't buy a loaf of bread until I've finished all of the Passover matzoh.  It doesn't usually take me this long.  The rule does not prevent me from baking a loaf of bread.  I picked up some very cute mini loaf pans so I wouldn't have to cut the sandwiches in quarters like I usually do with full-sized bread.

1 medium cucumber
8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
1 tsp dill weed
bread slices

1.  Peel cucumber in strips, or use a zester, to create contrast.  Slice thinly.

2.  Beat together cream cheese and dill.  The consistency of reduced-fat cream cheese will make it smooth.  If you must use regular cream cheese, beat in 1/4 C sour cream to achieve the same consistency.

3.  Spread cream cheese in a light layer on two slices of bread.  Place a layer of cucumbers on one slice and close the sandwich.  Repeat with remaining bread, cream cheese, and cucumber.  If desired, cut in half or quarters.

Serves about 8

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.