Sunday, October 12, 2014

Tomato-Yogurt Dip

I amassed a whopping four small tomatoes on the day I was trying to eat only from pantry and garden items.  This turned into a sauce to have with some falafel and chicken, since I didn't have any cucumbers for a proper tzatziki.

I've made roasted tomato spreads and cheeses, but I don't remember ever doing it with fresh tomatoes in a cream base.  It's fantastic.  You get the bright freshness of the tomato flavor against the tang of the yogurt.  It's almost like a soup, and works great against any vegetable, bread, fish, or poultry.   Plus, it takes less than five minutes to make.

*1/2 lb tomatoes, seeded and petite diced
*1 C plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
*1 Tb lemon juice
*dash of salt
*dash of dill weed

1.  Stir together tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, and dill.

2.  Stir in yogurt.

3.  Chill and serve.  If it sits overnight, some of the whey and tomato water will pool up.  You can either drain it off or stir it back in before serving.

Makes about 2 cups

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.