Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Carrots with Parsley

I love carrots.  I don't know why I don't make them more often.  Easy, starchy even though they're a vegetable, and malleable to a host of cooking styles and flavorings.

I have a lot of Italian parsley and fresh thyme left over from Thanksgiving.  Yes, they're still good.  What I ended up with here was almost a carrot and parsley salad, but cooked and tossed with a little butter.  Carrots are one of the few vegetables I still toss with butter.  I've grown beyond drowning my veggies in it.  My mother always put butter on veggies, and I never knew how good some tasted without any sauce or seasoning until I started to cook for myself.

1 lb carrots
*2 C Italian parsley leaves (off stem)
* leaves from 2 sprigs of thyme
1 Tb butter

1.  Peel carrots and chop into manageable chunks.  Place in a medium saucepan with water to cover and bring to a boil.  Lower heat to a simmer, cover pot, and cook until somewhat tender, about 10 minutes.  Drain.

2.  Return carrots to hot saucepan and add butter.  Stir until butter melts.  Add parsley and thyme.  Stir to mix, but don't let the parsley cook too much, or it will wilt.  Serve immediately.

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.