Monday, April 1, 2013

So Much for Organic

I try to be a live-and-let-live kind of person.  It's wildlife's world, too.  However, the brussels sprouts are attracting whitefly and aphids are eating the tomato blossoms.  I'm going to war.

At first, I tried the dish-soap spray remedy.  There are pets in the house.  Plus, I don't want to eat pesticides.  After a week, it was clear that wasn't going to work on the young plants.  It does seem to be helping the citrus tree, though.  I found one ladybug in the vicinity.  It would take a swarm of them to make a difference.

I'm going to the garden shop tomorrow for something stronger.  I may also need some form of fertilizer.  I've been using coffee grounds.  It's eco-friendly, and I'll have well-caffeinated veggies, but they may need something more species-specific.

But I can harvest the broccoli for dinner!  No foolin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.