Friday, January 7, 2011

Baked Tomatoes

I mentioned to Techie Smurf that I was making baked tomatoes to go with some chicken I was having. It had never occurred to him to bake tomatoes, so I decided to post it.

This definitely qualifies as a "naked" food. There's very little preparation, and the other ingredients are there to enhance the natural flavor of the tomatoes. They come out of the oven soft, very hot, and with a rich flavor that is somewhere between fresh and tomato sauce, but not quite either.

2 large tomatoes
1 Tb olive oil
dash salt
dash pepper

1. Wash tomatoes and use a corer to remove stem end. Slice open crosswise and lay open in baking dish. Preheat oven to 350º.

2. Brush cut sides lightly with oil. Sprinkle with just a touch of salt and pepper. Bake for 1 hour, until very soft, but hold their shape.

DIfficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.