Saturday, January 4, 2020

Limoncello Chicken

Still working on my Dad's liquor cabinet.  Pretty sure it's going to take a few more decades.  It isn't overly stocked, I just don't drink much.
Tucked up in the back of the top shelf was an unopened, very old bottle of Limoncello.  I bought a single chicken breast for a couple of dinners between evenings out and decided to give it a more interesting treatment than a salt and pepper roast.

I ended up cutting the chicken breast into thirds because I'm trying to eat less when I'm home.  I've been eating plenty at parties, and had a ton of green bean casserole left over from the potluck at work.  Here, I'm suggesting half a 1 lb chicken breast per serving.  If you can get skin-on, great.  Two days before Christmas, I was lucky to get even one skinless breast.  By only cooking it until it was barely done, it stayed juicy.  Overcooking is the bane of poultry.

2 chicken breasts
2 Tb limoncello
2 Tb olive oil
1 lemon
*1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp fennel seeds
salt and pepper

1.  Slice lemon in half.  Juice one half and cut the other into thin slices.  Store the slices in the fridge for later.
2.  Place limoncello, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, fennel seeds, and salt and pepper into a freezer bag.  Squish around to combine.  Add chicken pieces and seal.  Marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, and up to a day.

3.  Preheat oven to 350º.  Line a roasting pan with foil.  I didn't, and the marinade took all night to soak off.  Empty plastic bag contents into pan (skin-side up if you have it) and cook until meat reaches 160º, about 45 minutes.  Let sit for 5 minutes, then cut each breast in half and serve, garnished with fresh lemon slices.

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.