Sunday, February 17, 2019

Portion Downsizing

Now that I'm not baking at work, my metabolism has slowed down a lot.  Apparently, every job at work combined is not as strenuous as the one job of baking.  The current 2-day baker was a bit overweight when she took on the job and has been losing ten pounds a month from the increased activity.  It's really nice not being hungry every few hours, and when I am I'm not ravenous.  But I've put on a couple of pounds and have decided to control it by eating less.

The portions on this blog are already small by American standards because I'm using true recommended allowances and not what everyone actually eats.  Plus, I'm a small person and don't need as many calories as someone of average height and build.

I'm going to try to continue to post four-serving recipes, but don't be surprised if you need an extra side dish to make it come out right.  Or, I might make what four people tend to eat and spread it out for myself over five or six days.  That could result in fewer posts per week.

Now, if we lose yet another two-day baker, all this is going to get thrown out the window once I'm back in shape and eating like a linebacker again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.