Monday, July 16, 2018

Tea Party 2018

I introduced the crew at work to a proper High Tea.  Also, because I found out late that I had the day off and pulled this year's tea together in a week.

Mostly, I had nervous energy because Princess had to have radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism.  She had several benign tumors on her thyroid.  Giving her two pills a day was not an option, especially once she started to feel better and could fight me.  In the cost-benefit analysis over the year or two I expect her to live (she turns 19 in August), $1,000 for the probable cure balanced out against the cost of her meds, prescription food, frequent doctor visits, and my visits to urgent care whenever she bit or scratched me too hard.  Anyway, I had to take a few days off work because they couldn't supply a return date until the procedure was done, and the tea gave me something to do.  Turns out, my appointment to pick her up was three hours before the party!  It meant I couldn't procrastinate, which is a good thing.  I had everything baked and ready to assemble before I got her, and put on the finishing touches after.

Besides, I'm still bitter about not getting a day off last year to have a tea party!

First Course
California Roll Sandwiches
Deviled Eggs
Tuna Salad Sandwiches
White Bean Hummus on Endive
Tomato-Chive mini-Quiches

Second Course
Scones
Double Cream
Homemade Jams

Third Course
Charlotte Royale
Chocolate Almond Palmiers
Fresh Fruit

Drinks
Hot Tea Assortment
Lemonade
Basil Iced Tea (Black tea and basil brewed together, then chilled)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.