Monday, March 26, 2018

Passover Sorting

I spent what's probably the last two rainy days of the year doing the bulk of my Passover cleaning.  Except for the floor, the kitchen is done.  I'll scrub that the day before.  Everything is dusted, moved, laundered, and polished.  It's a huge feeling of accomplishment, and I wasn't doing anything else those days anyway.

The pantry does take a little while.  Everything comes out, shelf liners get washed, and everything goes back in, carefully sorted by what's chometz or not.

This year, I really appreciated the work I did painting the pantry.  The shelves only required a quick wipe down, and nothing needed to be scrubbed except the floor.

I didn't do too badly working off the chometz.  In the photo, the KLP is on the right and the chometz is on the left.  I had already put flour, cornmeal, and packaged baked goods in the chest freezer.  Without all that canola oil in the back, the left side is definitely smaller.  I was hoping the wasabi powder would be ok, but mustard is the second ingredient.

Sure, it's a little tempting to have foods on the top shelf that I can't eat for a week.  (Peanut butter...)  That's why households with children lock it up or "sell" it.  I trust myself to use willpower.  If it's not on the OK shelf, I don't touch it.  It's only a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.