Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Almost Home-Made

I found some Rana ravioli in the freezer that I think I bought because it was on sale.  I'm going on vacation at the end of the week and am trying to use up perishables.  I think I bought too much milk.  Anyway, I had half of a 2-pound bag of rainbow carrots and most of a meal was born.  I picked up some fresh green beans and made an alfredo with some of that extra milk and cheap parmesan from a canister.
There were still a couple of carrots left.  I put them in a stoo over couscous and should run out of most of my perishable food by Saturday.  We'll see if the open container of orange juice and the remaining milk are passable when I get back.


Quickie Alfredo

1 batch white sauce base + extra milk to taste
*1/2 C diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp nutmeg
*1/2 tsp dried oregano
*1/4 C grated parmesan

1.  For making the white sauce base, sauté the onion in the butter first.  Add garlic and cook about one minute, then add the flour and work in the milk.  Stir in salt and pepper to taste, as well as nutmeg and dried oregano.

2.  Stir in parmesan.  If too thick for your use, slowly add extra milk to desired consistency.

Makes between 1 and 2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.