Sunday, November 2, 2014

NaNo 2014

Despite the fact that I still haven't edited the first draft of last year's novel, I'm doing National Novel Writing Month again.

The main impetus for committing to 50,000 words in a month is my desktop computer.  It's really old, and one day will no longer work.  The printer doesn't, and the operating system is so old I can't go online.  Meanwhile, I have first drafts of several stories for a Young Adult mystery & horror anthology on it, plus rather detailed story notes for more.  Like, way more detailed notes than I realized.  If that computer dies, I will have lost nearly 15,000 words of pretty decent stories.

It will also be nice to do a NaNo that isn't completely cheating.  While four stories will be rewrites, there will be at least three new ones, and one is a very challenging concept for me.  I might even make the 50k goal.

So, fancy cooking and blog posts will be my reward if I manage to get ahead on the word count.  Or really want cookies.  I keep forgetting it takes less time to make a batch than to run down to the store for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.