Spice Soup. I'm not sick, just paranoid that I'll get the flu. Finally got a flu shot, but decided to toss in all sorts of virus-fighting ingredients. Forgot to use turmeric, which turns everything yellow but is supposed to be good for you.
6 C chicken broth, fish stock, or water
4 oz dried udon noodles
1 Tb minced fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 lb snow peas
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 C diced green onions
3 sheets nori seaweed
1 Tb chia seeds
8 oz calamari, cut in 1/4" rings
salt and pepper to taste
soy sauce to finish
1. Bring broth to a boil. Add onions, ginger, and garlic and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Add peas, mushrooms, chia seeds, and seaweed and continue to simmer.
3. In a separate saucepan, prepare udon noodles according to package directions. Drain.
4. Add calamari to soup pot. After one minute, taste and add salt and pepper as necessary.
5. Divide noodles between 4 bowls. Ladle soup on top and serve hot, with soy sauce as an option.
Difficulty rating π