Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jury Duty

Not only were there trials being seated, I had to sit through three days of jury selection.  While hour-and-a-half lunches are awesome, they still cut into my cooking time.  I decided not to invite anyone over for the first night of Chanukah because I did not know if I would have the afternoon off to cook and didn't want to cancel dinner three days before the holiday.

It was a good call.  Every accused has the right to a fair trial by jury, but it's annoying when your routine gets upended for two weeks right before the holidays.  I decided to console myself by baking cookies.

I made a batch each of Hedgies and Snowballs (minus the chocolate centers).  Both doughs keep well in the fridge for a few days, so I baked several of each on my lunch for afternoon snack on Wednesday and stored the rest.

Today, we deliberated, so I made considerably more and dropped my little green tin in the center of the table after we returned from lunch.  Fortunately, we were able to reach consensus before anyone put on weight.

I'm baking off the last of the dough now to take to work tomorrow.  But, now that I've started cookie season, I'm bound to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.