veggie lasagna and because I bought too much milk again. They were really good, so here's the recipe. I bet they'd also make good sandwich rolls if you portion them larger.
2-3 C flour
*1 C 100º milk
1 tsp yeast
2 tsp sugar
*1 Tb Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
*1 C shredded mozzarella
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk and let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes.
2. In stand mixer with paddle, stir together 1 C flour and the Italian seasoning. Add milk mixture and beat on medium until a batter forms. Add salt, cheese, and another cup of flour and beat into a soft dough, about 2 minutes.
3. Turn out onto a well-floured board and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Round dough and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Set in a warm place to rise until doubled, about 1 hr. Punch down and let rest 10 minutes.
4. Grease a cookie sheet or line with a Silpat. Portion into 2 oz pieces (about 12). Round each piece, flatten slightly, and arrange on cookie sheet. Allow to rise 45 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350º. Bake rolls for 15-20 minutes, until golden, turning cookie sheet once. Cool on wire racks and serve.
Makes about a dozen
Difficulty rating :-0