Monday, April 4, 2011

Pork Chops

Again, I don't keep kosher. Papa Smurf came home one day with eight massive, boneless pork chops from Costco. We split one. Since everyone's first instinct is to Shake 'n' Bake pork chops, I got out the bread crumbs.

I don't remember how I came up with this technique, but I do remember that I was out of bread crumbs the first time I did it and made it with matzah meal. I know, the ultimate insult, but they came out great.

4 boneless pork loin chops, 1 to 1-1/2" thick
*1 C bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp oregano
1/4 C vegetable oil

1. In a shallow pan (I use a pie dish), stir together bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and oregano. Preheat oven to 325º. Add oil to a large, oven-safe frying pan and heat until water drops dance.

2. Moisten pork chops with water and coat all over with bread crumbs. Arrange all four chops in frying pan. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, until gently browned and crumbs look crispy.

3. Place entire frying pan into oven and cook until internal temperature of chops reaches 145º, about 15 minutes for thin chops.

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.