Ok, I'll admit that a quesadilla doesn't really need a recipe. These were very nice for throwing stuff on a tortilla, so I blogged it. Consider it as something unexpected to add to the repertoire.
4 flour tortillas
*2 C shredded "Mexican" cheese, about 8 oz
*2 C sliced nopales paddles
Granulated garlic and paprika to taste
1. If the nopales are raw, cook them first. Check for pointy bits, then slice thinly. Either sauté in oil or simmer for 5 minutes and drain. I did the latter.
2. Place a tortilla in a large skillet that has been preheated over medium heat. Scatter 1/2 C cheese on top, followed by 1/2 C prepared nopales. Sprinkle with garlic and paprika.3. Allow cheese to melt open-faced. Fold over tortilla and press lightly. Continue cooking until the outside crisps, flipping as necessary. Repeat with all of the tortillas and other ingredients.
4. Cut finished quesadillas into wedges and serve.
Difficulty rating π


No comments:
Post a Comment
I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.