Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Golden Mushroom Chicken

There's a lot of chicken in the freezer.  I think I bought some every time it was on sale.  I also have a can of Campbell's golden mushroom soup that I bought for one post-vaccine or another, expecting to have a stronger reaction than I did.  One of the recipes I found when I googled the title also used French's fried onions, which I have, so we're basing it on that.

Since I forgot to write a date on the chicken leg quarters, that's what I got out for this recipe.  They're probably not the oldest chicken in the freezer, but why take that chance.  You can make this with any cut of chicken or turkey.

*8 pieces chicken (I count one breast as two)
*1 can Golden Mushroom soup
1/4 C water
1 small can sliced mushrooms, optional
*1/2 C crispy fried onions

1.  Preheat oven to 350º.  Get out a 9x13 baking dish.  I lined mine with foil for easier cleanup because it was metal.  For glass or ceramic, you can soak off anything that scorches to the pan.

2.  Arrange pieces of chicken in pan.  In a small bowl, stir together soup and water to make it pourable. If using extra sliced mushrooms, stir them into the soup.

3.  Pour thinned soup over chicken.  Cover with foil so the sauce doesn't evaporate off too soon.  Bake 45 minutes.  Remove foil, sprinkle with fried onion strips, and bake uncovered until chicken reaches 165º on a food thermometer, another 10+ minutes.

4.  Serve chicken hot, with extra sauce spooned over and more onion strips if desired.

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.