Saturday, November 18, 2017

Leftovers Salad

Admittedly, I had some pretty fantastic leftovers this day.  Pomegranate seeds, half a cucumber, green onion, and some sliced almonds.  I bought a small package of arugula on discount and cooked up some dried chickpeas from the pantry.  Drizzled with balsamic vinegar and grapeseed oil and rounded out with a bit of bread from the freezer, this main-dish salad cost me $2.50 for four servings.  Then I added a couple of pan-seared scallops on top because they were also on sale and I hadn't spent much on the rest of it.
I bring this up partly for a presentation topic and partly because most people are out spending a whole lot on groceries this week.  Using your leftovers to make salad, quiche, stew, soup, or casseroles will help you to recover from the spending spree.  Even those who aren't hosting tend to spend more because the sales are so good.

Just remember that any day can be "Thanksgiving" if you present the meal with care.  Even leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.