Sunday, May 15, 2011

Taco Night

Darn, I forgot the salsa.

For Cinco de Mayo, I decided to do tacos.  Kind of went overboard, but it only took half an hour to put everything together.

At the market, I looked at the packets of taco seasonings.  I had all that stuff in the spice cabinet and decided to do it myself.  Chili powder, onion salt, paprika or cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.  I threw in some Lawry's Seasoned Salt for good measure.  Just brown up the ground beef, add spices shortly before it's done, and you're good to go.

The rest of the fillings:
Not-Refried Beans
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour Cream
Guacamole (store-bought because avocados were $2 each)
Diced Tomatoes
Chopped Green Onions
Chopped Cilantro
Shredded Lettuce
Sliced Olives

It's great to have everything laid out on the table, so everyone can make exactly what they want.  A selection of either soft flour tortillas or crunchy corn shells will round out the special treat.

Difficulty rating  π

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.