Thursday, December 30, 2010

Biscuits & Gravy


I always like to make a big breakfast for New Year's. This year, I'm working in the morning, so I had my fancy breakfast a few days early. Maybe I'll make waffles for lunch on New Year's.

This recipe is kind of cheating, since I've already posted most of the components. It's just a new way to put them together.

It is, however, a bit lower in fat than you would get in a restaurant, and you can control the salt.

a double-recipe of White Sauce Base
Salt to taste
1 tsp pepper
1 package lean, pre-cooked turkey sausage links, cut into pieces

1. Prepare scones and set aside on rack to cool.

2. Prepare white sauce base. Add pepper (you may want to use more) and salt to taste. Stir in sausage pieces and cook until heated and thick.

3. Place one or two scones on each plate. They can be split open or served whole. Spoon a generous amount of country gravy on each and serve immediately.

Serves 6-8

Difficulty rating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.