Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Yam Obsession

So, after eating my way through the Sweet Potato Toast and thoroughly loving it, I went out and bought another one.  This time, my eye was on lunch ideas.  As much as I loved having them for dinner topped with turkey, I wasn't making large enough portions.  On the other hand, I did lose a couple of pounds without trying.  Good diet food: very filling for the calories it provides, and completely nutritious.

I didn't like the look of the bananas at the market, but I did buy a new package of dates.  So, first up was peanut butter with dates and the lightest drizzle of honey.  There was a little mascarpone left after the pumpkin tiramisu, so I made some with that and leftover oven-dried tomatoes.  Then I got all kinds of crazy and tried swiss with cilantro.  What the heck, I wasn't using the cilantro for anything else and it's still too early to grow spinach or arugula.

I'll probably continue to experiment periodically.  I definitely want to do something on sweet potato toasts for next year's tea party.  Cut crosswise, they make great two-bite hors-d'oeuvres.  If I threw holiday parties, they would be on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got tired of having to moderate all the spam comments and put back the verification. Sorry if it causes hassles.